Find CPU usage for specific plugin

I remembered seeing a way to find either the CPU usage or latency amount of specific plugins in the SWA Complete Cubase 6 (or maybe 5.5) tutorial. The hard drive on my laptop it was on is toast.

Anyone know how to get to that screen?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Well, I fount the latency in Plugin Information. I guess what I am really after is finding a reverb with a very low CPU demand (less than Roomworks SE). If there is such a thing. It doesn’t have to sound great. Just for monitoring through Cubase during tracking.

I am fighting CPU spikes at low buffer settings and could really use an ITB reverb that isn’t hungry.

I had to add 18-20 roomworks se to a project before my ASIO meter even registered any cpu use.

If one instance is troubling your low latency performance then your card & driver or something else about your system probably just isn’t really up to being this low.

Really?? :open_mouth:
Then you have a monster PC!!

I assume you know VST3 plugs (like Roomworks SE) don’t process anything when there isn’t any singal?

One of those really useful little features in Reaper: the window that show exactly what percent of available CPU cycles each and every plugin is using.

Como

1 Like

I assume you know VST3 plugs (like Roomworks SE) don’t process anything when there isn’t any singal?

oops: …My bad in that case…wasn’t running audio & 20 instances actually using almost 22-23%.

The Toneboosters is possibly worth a try…there’s a demo available…9% for 20 instances.

It still seems to me that if the just over 1% cpu use of one Roomworks SE is too much that you are pushing for too much from your system as it stands.

Thanks guys. My problem was more based with prgrams running in background eating up my cpu. I have solved the problem and multiple instances of plugs is not an issue. :slight_smile: