Finding the ASIO Bottleneck

First… check this out if you haven’t seen it…

I have a Nvidia 960. It now works perfectly with no issues at all. I always run with the latest driver. I had some issues a few (probably) years ago. What I did was to do a custom driver install. Choosing the clean install option that pops up during the advanced custom install. Uncheck all other Nvidia software so that the clean install uninstalls these unnecessary programs. Make sure to scroll down to uncheck them all.

Unrelated to bottneck (maybe)… the older Nvidia graphics driver install package used to install GBs worth of temporary files on your harddrive. And it did this every time you installed a new driver. So make sure to look for those older folders/files and trash them all. Literally many GBs of space is wasted by these “temporary” files that did not auto uninstall. They will most likely be found in a folder that gets installed at the default Nvidia location on the c drive. FYI… the newer driver install packages auto deletes these newly installed temporary files

Back on topic… I also uninstalled the HD Realtek driver from my motherboard keeping only the regular Realtek driver for PC sound.

Also… I disabled the Intel video on my MB.

Also… I trashed my 3rd party antivirus software years ago and only use the one from Microsoft. It works fine.

Hope the vid above helps.

Regards. :sunglasses: