Fine adjustments of line annotations?

I’m trying to create a vertical line that is supposed to function as an aleatoric barline/repeat. As you can see from the image posted, the repeat barline - which is a line annotation - is off. And it seems there is no way of (fine) adjusting the line annotation, so it aligns (in this instance) with the dashed line.

Is there any kind of workaround on this?

Repeat

I’m afraid I can’t quite work out what you’re trying to do. Could you perhaps attach the project itself, or a cut-down part of it, so we can take a look?

I think what he’s saying is that the repeat bar that’s being used as the line cap is off-center, and he’d like it centered on the line to which it’s attached.

Thank you for clarifying Dan, that is exactly what I would like to do. Any possibility for this action, @dspreadbury ?

You can adjust the position of the line cap in ‘Edit Line Annotations’.

Which gives this line
line cap2

Does this help?

2 Likes

Thanks @Janus . This was exactly what I’ve tried many times, with no luck: Somehow this has no impact on the result. I do not know why.

My solution eventually for this was to use a combination of MusGlyph-text, and dashed line in Affinity designer, after the more traditional bits of the score was finished.

Dorico’s graphical limitations has probably created this future workflow for me, as I often need “other” solutions in the scores.

In some cases this can be a nice way to go about it too, and it doesn’t require the use of lines:

@Romanos Absolutely, it could be put as simple as that. In the case of my little score, this would be not quite right - but definitely in other situations.

Here’s a draft of 2. page:

Oh yes; it definitely doesn’t work in every circumstance. I do have a question for you though: since you are not using the double-sided repeat symbol, when you repeat each section is it D.C. or only to the preceding repeat symbol? If it’s the latter I’d suggest changing to the double-sided version to make it more clear.

You are making the assumption that these are not all ‘nested repeats’! (who knows in non-standard notations)

I wondered if that might be the case as well; I was just curious since I couldn’t see the full extent of what was actually going on. I suppose in this case that is what front matter is for.