Fingering feature request

For right hand fingering - this is for guitar - it would be nice to have the option of indicating that two fingers are needed to set a harmonic in motion. It is usually notated as “a/i” or “p/i”. The attached shows it in context. The double letter is using text, but it would speed things greatly if it could be done via the popover.
Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 2.10.47 PM

You can add a text attached to the notes, selecting fingering as A text (or whatever you prefer)…

I’m not sure I follow what you are saying. I realize I can use text - that is what I did for the fingerings below the pitches (the ones above were done via the popover). Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are referring to.
I do appreciate your chiming in!

Hi @rpearl ! No, nothing different from what you did. Text helps me when fingering can’t do what I need: many fingers under a single note, letters and so on. Here is a simple example:

Yes, we are on the same page. I just wish I could do this with a popover. But this is fine, too!

Thanks.

Yes, I understand Ronald!
What I find useful is the Fingering option under the A text, because it produces indistinguishable fingering respect to the popover.

Dorico design implies a strong control over the semantic, thus often the popover doesn’t allow some input…

1 Like

I don’t have the option of Fingering that you have in your example - under A, there is only None, or Music Text. I am using 4.3. Perhaps there is a setting I need to invoke?

I don’t know Ronald :confused:
I have it even in Dorico 3.5…

Interesting - this is what I get for options:
Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 1.23.36 PM

Ooops… my head!
In Dorico1, when there was no fingering function, I defined that stile! :blush: Sorry for having misled you… Anyway this may be useful for your need! :wink:

Ahh…! Ok. I can get by with using text, scaling it, etc. But your solution is a good one!

Thanks for responding!

1 Like