Fingering for pressed thumb (no harmonic) for bass

I am wondering if there is a fingering sign for thumb (pressed) for double bass. The sign, that I know is a plus sign, like this: +
thank you, best regards!

Welcome to the forum, @Stefan_Scheib. You can’t enter this sign via the Shift+F fingering popover, but you should certainly be able to input it as a playing technique.

Thank you very much for this fast answer and the workaround. I hope in the future it will be part of the fingering sign.

The fingering popover does support thumb notation …
popover

… but it results in this glyph, which I don’t think Stefan wants:
thumb

Unless I just missed it, I didn’t see it in Edit Music Symbol / Fingering. Is it not possible to change that glyph somewhere?

Stefan, you could always take a fingering number that you aren’t going to need in the piece and redefine it in Edit Music Symbol / Fingering to be the glyph you want, that way you could input everything without leaving the fingering popover. If it’s a work for Bass and Piano, you aren’t going to need “6” for example, so you could redefine it to be your thumb glyph, then just type it in with 6 whenever needed.

Indeed, at the present time it’s not possible to change that symbol via Library > Music Symbols.

1 Like

Thank you Fred and Daniel,
for my workflow it is a great help to redefine number 6 the way you described it.

1 Like