Fingering improvements

Hey there!

1. At the moment, Dorico allows us to ‘create’ a straight line for substitution fingerings. However, is there any option to show a line—possibly angled—when there are several notes with subsequent fingering numbers (e.g. 12345 > 1—5), as seen in Image 1?
  2. Is there any way to show fingering alternatives as seen in Image 2 instead of being inside parentheses?
  3. Could there be a setting in Engraving Options to set all fingering numbers in Italics? I only see this setting in the Properties Panel (maybe I’m just missing something…!).
  4. Is there any option to automatically set the fingering numbers inside beams (and even inside the staff lines), as in Image 3 (right)?
  5. Could there be an option to automatically place each fingering number next to each corresponding note, as in Image 3 (left)?

Thanks! :smiley:
Albert.

Image 1.png

1. No, but I don’t think that’s really a substitution line, is it? That looks to me more like an idiosyncratic “simile” marking.

2. No, and it’s not something we plan to add.

3. You can make fingerings all show up in italics by setting the ‘Use plain font’ option in Engraving Options and then setting the ‘Fingering text font’ font style to an italic font.

4. & 5. No, but further positioning options for fingerings may be added in future when we come to work on fingering for guitar music.