fingering input mode. Thoughts and feature request

I would like to have a fingering input mode. That means similar to lyrics I select a note or chord or even a whole bar with notes in it and then open the popover Shift - F and the first note (or chord) in the bar gets selected for inputing fingering. I hit the numbers I want for the note if I want a fingering here or I hit spacebar or right arrow key to move to the next note without leaving input mode.
After having input the fingering the next note or chord in the bar will show the popover over it ready for the next number but the just before input fingering is still selected in order to use the up/down arrow key to decide if the fingering should be above or below the note.
The first up arrow key keystroke would set the fingering above the note or if it is already above then above (outside) the slur. If I want it below I hit the down arrow key once for putting the fingering below the note and twice to put it outside the slur.
If I do none of these actions I continue inputting the next fingering or moving with the spacebar or right arrow key to the next position where I want to input a fingering.
The possibility to decide while inputting fingerings where I want to place them will save so much time because at the moment I have to switch to engrave mode if I want to set the fingering below outside the slur. So many clicks are necessary at the moment.
-Switch to engrave mode
-move to the right of the property window
-switch on (in order to be allowed to set the next step) the correct tiny button
-turn on the button for outside slur

Let’s continue: When I come the a chord in fingering input mode and it’s let’s say a four note chord I simply hit four numbers without the comma because Dorico knows how many notes are there at this rhythmic position and as soon as enough numbers were hit the popover goes to the next note(s).
I leave fingering input mode via Escape key to clicking somewhere outside or Shift - F again.

And again I know but it would be so handy and would spare so much time if there would the a similar key command as it is in Sibelius when I hit x.
Toggling directions with such a key command for e.g. slurs up or down, articulation above or below the note, same with fingering, stem direction, shift - x text, dynamics and so on.

Thanks for your suggestions. Some of your requests aren’t practical, e.g. Dorico can’t parse a sequence of numbers with no commas or other separators as fingerings for individual notes since it is quite possible for a single note to have multiple fingerings (for ornaments, or for substitutions).

I see but then I suggest to use the commas for the ornaments because I think that there are much more chords than ornaments in most piano music to set fingerings for.