Fingering Popup Caret Position

Would this be possible in future (assuming it’s not possible now):

When entering the Fingering popup for notes that already have a fingering specified, that the caret always position itself after the existing number so we can just hit [backspace] to type in a new number?

At the moment, it seems that on some notes I have to hit [rt-arrow], [backspace], new number.
Not much of a problem for individual edits, but can become tedious for longer passages.

If I’m missing the benefit of the existing functionality, let me know! I’d like it even better if the fingering was already hilighted when I enter the popover, then I could just type the new number. No muss/no fuss.

2 Likes

I actually had to do this today. falhousen’s request would help a lot making the task of replacing fingerings less painful…

B.

Is it too obvious to mention that the Delete key deletes to the right, just like in most other apps?

Well, I’ll be dammed… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Still, the second part of his request still stands…

Thx Leo!

The thing that I suspect is harder or at least less helpful about having the existing fingering highlighted (for replacing) is that if you have a chord selected, or a note with a substitution, it may be that you want to leave the existing fingering in place and add to it, rather than deleting the existing one.

I guess some clever bod has to estimate which scenario is more common.

That does help!

I think it would still be helpful for single line writing to be able to simply type the desired fingering. If you discontinue the process, then pick up again, the caret starts to the left of the existing number, creating a bit of a “hiccup”…