Fingering UI would work well for figured bass?

me too…
In the mean time I use the lyric translation line in Dorico and Opus Figured Bass font:

Hello Everyone,

I too eagerly await figured bass in Dorico. When it does come I’m certain it will beat any other notation capability out there for figured-bass. I’m really looking forward to it.

In the meantime, I use Dorico’s text-frame (Shift+x) which gives very good results.

(sorry to veer off topic)
You should see their new edition of Handel organ works. It is downright embarrassing! Truly awful. And I don’t say that to be petty, but whoever engraved (and edited) it doesn’t know a damn thing about organ music or keeping contrapuntal lines clear. It’s truly unbelievable that it made it past their editors. I would recall all unsold copies. Frankly, it dealt a serious blow to my trust in their editions which is a very sad thing for me to say.

may be they have outsourced the typesetting to not so competent people. Those people (probably quite talented musicians or music students) should dive into Dorico fast :slight_smile:

I also hate to have to agree with this but the most recent Bärenreiter scores I’ve bought have clearly been engraved in Sibelius, not very well, and with poorly-made piano reductions. Very sad.

Have you asked them for a statement?

Could you point me to an exact edition where this has happened, or better yet, show me where exactly in the score this occurs? (I am an organ player, but not a professional one, so I only have a vague idea of what you are talking about, and I am not sure I would even notice an issue such as you described. But you really made me curious.)

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you extremely strongly! :slight_smile: The first of your examples looks to me quite unmusical and I could not use it in performance. The second is better – at least it flows, which the first one does not to my eyes.

Also, in my opinion, the quality of the editing and proof reading in many of the scores produced by Bärenreiter over the past 20 years or so, particularly those for solo keyboard, unfortunately does not live up to the standards advertised so prominently on the covers or justify the high price charged for the volumes.

David

Hi, this was years ago…
I made the edition all myself in Musescore. It was too early for Dorico then. I delivered it as pdf. Vaughan Schlep was a great help being so much more experienced wih notation software.
It is now in it’s third printing, unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to make some corrections from the second to the third printing.