Fingering via Keyboard maestro tip

Just to share this for who would like to use it. I finally am able to use Keyboard Maestro to add fingerings with a single tap on a controller on my midi keyboard. I assigned fingering 1 till 5 to 5 different drum pad controllers. After selecting the first note I tab on the midi controller with the fingering I need for that note which makes Dorico go into Fingering mode, add the fingering I need, pressing the return key and moving to the next note.

For this I have given every controller it own fingering:

I probably can create the same way fingering combinations for chords, but I didn’t try this out yet.

I adjusted the macro and now it also works on chords. It will move to the next full chord/single note, add the finger combination and move on:

A little demo, not perfect but it does work faster than using the regular route.

Great post Andre, and a very useful solution for anyone who enters fingering a lot. I just wanted to mention that anyone who is interested in using a Stream Deck with Dorico can also program buttons which will enter the fingering and move to the next note. This method is working very well for me, and you can see how it is set up with this screen shot. (Thanks to Dan Kreider for the icons as well as the initial setup).

Yes, it’s actually the same as I did with the controllers on my midi keyboard as you can see in the screenshot. I also added fingering combinations. It doesn’t look that fancy, but it does the job :slight_smile:

By the way, I’ve updated the icons to include fingering with brackets, and trumpet fingering combinations: Dropbox - Stream Deck icons - Simplify your life

Here is a new fingering setup for Keyboard Maestro I use now that covers more fingering combinations and in a more logical way. This approach is possible because Dorico takes the numbers from the bottom up, meaning that if I need a “1”, I can hit in fact any button on my Drum Pad that starts with a 1. The higher numbers are ignored. For this I had of course to reprogram KM. I attached the Macro file here as well incase others want to give it a try.
Global Macro Group Macros.kmmacros.zip (2.73 KB)