First impression & problems

Incorrect audio files drag&drop to Tracks zone
Screen Recording

Sorry
I donā€™t undestain

Just watch attached video. It makes a mess with all the audio files on each track

Also import media doesnā€™t work correctly
Most events imported empty (and, out of sync, as many people wrote before)

And is it possible to add normal MacOS Finder menu here instead of this? Itā€™s donā€™t remember my last actions and doesnā€™t show folders attached to left Finder tab (and also looks very strange in MacOS)

1 Like

Those buffersize values make senseā€¦sort of. driver says my minimum is 16 and then counts upwards in steps of 64. But it means that when you select any of those sizes offered, it should change to that, and that doesnā€˜t appear to happen, right? we need to try to get hold of one to see why it fails.

ā€¦ fixed. Sorry for that one. It will be added to the next update,
Michael.

1 Like

Attention, actually the change is there (increasing the buffersize from the control panel of the sound card increases the latency), only it is not displayed correctly ā€¦
I honestly consider this a ā€œminorā€ problem compared to other aspects of the software that should probably take priority

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and almost every time I change the samplerate or buffer size from ā€œDevices-Audio setupā€ VL crashes and close. When I start it up again samplerate and buffer size show the new values.

Thank you very much for letting us know!

Is that Windows or OSX? Firewire or USB?

Windows 10, USB.

Also for me Windows 10 and USB connection

ā€¦ fixed. The fix will be added to the next update,
Michael.

3 Likes

Found it, you are correct, the number displayed in VST Live does not always match the driversā€™ panel. Will be fixed in 1.0.30.

1 Like

Cannot get hold of one at the time beeing, sorry. Saw this - honestly, no intention at all to make it look bad, but maybe there are hints in there? here:
We also made some changes in version 1.0.30 to come soon, pls try again then and let us know if you could resolve the issue. In the meantime, we will try to get one to test against.

No way, my Scarlett and the usb cable are working fine, no issue at all with Cubase and Cantabile. The crash only happens when changing buffer size inside VL (and not always, but if the first change works and I change it again it will crash).
I donĀ“t care as IĀ“m not changing buffer size or samplerate but I bet this is a bug. LetĀ“s wait to next update, thanks.

Ok, thanks for your help! Weā€™ll try and reproduce and fix the issue.