Fix for Missing Logical Editor Presets [Mac]

Hello,

Going through the forum for some possible answers for the problem of not having the Logical Editor Presets in Cubase 7 I found the following thread under [ISSUES]

The problem for me is that the workaround is described for Windows Users. Could someone please translate the proposed workaround for Mac Users???

I’ve attempted to do it myself but the Windows file system doesn’t not translate to the same locations on a Mac.

Thanks

Nevermind, I figured it out. For any other Mac Users running Cubase 7 that are missing the Logical Presets after the installation; follow these instructions:

1. Navigate to the Applications Directory
  2. Right-click Cubase 7.app and select “Show Package Contents”
  3. From the Content Directory, navigate the path /Contents/Presets/Logical Edit
  4. Select the entire content of the Logical Edit/Presets directory and Copy them
  5. Navigate to the following path and paste all the content in the Logical Edit Directory

/[YourHardDrive]/Users/[YourUserName]/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7/Presets/Logical Edit

Re-open Cubase and all the presets will listed off the MIDI → Logical Presets context menu

If for any reason you don’t see the Library folder in your [UserName] directory. You can bring up a terminal Window which should place you at your user prompt and type chflags nohidden Library.

Hope this helps anyone else seeking a solution.
Apparently there aren’t many users here to provide assistance for folks using Macs.

There are many, many helpful Mac users in the forum. Maybe since your question was one that had been the subject of much discussion and that the answer was in one of the threads in the Issues forum, lessened the willingness of folks to type out an answer (which included filepaths).

Also, you might have noticed that this forum does not have a great search facility, it can be better to use google, with “site:steinberg.net” included in the search.

I recently upgraded from Cubase 6.5 to Cubase7 and am also missing the presets for MIDI plugins. I have tried following these instruction, but it seems there is no folder for Logical Presets.
I am working with OSX 10.8.2 and it seems the directories are set up differently.
The presets are in the preset folder for Cubase 6, which is still on my drive. Do I copy them from there?
Can someone please explain how I can get these presets to appear? (I don’t want to mess up my LIBRARY directory by just experimenting)

Best source for this info:

Thanks for the quick reply, Steve.
In the Finder, I am pressing “GO” and holding the option key, and that opens the Library.
Preferences> Cubase 7 > Presets
There is only a folder for Staff Presets

So how do get them there?

Just drag the folders you want over. Nothing has changed as far as that goes. If you’re worried about breaking something make a copy of the prefs folder for safekeeping. Anyway, you have all that stuff backed up, right?

Great! I just did a copy and paste and there they are.
Thanks, Steve.
(I don’t back anything up.)