Microsoft update to Creator edition of Win 10 (Ver. 1709) broke Dorico. Error messages were not clear, but all led to a license problem. Running the eLicenser maintenance failed, but suggested downloading the latest version of the eLicenser. I did so and installation of that fixed my problem. It automatically synched with the database and found my licenses. I did NOT uninstall the broken version first but would have next.
For me the latest version of eLicenser was 6.10.2219.
I’ve no idea what broke during the Windows update. But I have 100% confidence that was the cause. I went to Dorico immediately after the system restart. Attached is a screen shot of my broken elicense status for reference.
Hope this helps someone should they run into this.