FIX Media Bay Searching / 'Spinning' endlessly with no results

The media bay has been broken since the first day I bought Cubase. I’ve been getting a searching/spinning Cubase icon every single time I launch it.
My favorited audio folders are broken, instrument and plugin often presets fail to show up, etc.

I’ve phoned support several times, every single fix they’ve attempted fails to resolve this issue, and searching through the forums it seems users have been reporting sketchy media bay behavior since at least version 9. So it seems this has been an ongoing issue.

Not only was the media bay one of the main features that drew me to buy Cubase, it means that I can’t use the sidebar to search for anything at all.

If this in fact has been ongoing issue, how is it acceptable to leave something this integrated into Cubase so broken? Please fix this!

Hey there, I have the same issue.
How did you solve this?

Unfortunately I never did. I spent at least 30 mins on the phone with Steinberg support as well. Things looked solved at 1st. The next time I rebooted the machine the issue just starte happening all over again, and it’s remained broken since.

I was new to Cubase at the time, (tried the crossgrade)… This feature was actually something that really sold me on it being worth making the effort to put Logic behind me… But it being broken (and apparently still is ) I opted to just go back to my old standby Logic. While there’s no media bay I do manage to do just fine by using a sample/audio manager to organize all of my content and that does the job…

Sorry to hear this is still an issue :frowning: There’s no excuse for something this useful to stay broken for this long. It just confirms that, at least in my case, going back to Logic was the right move for me…

Cheers