Fixed bars per system on a range or meter basis

I have a piece that alternates between a few 4/4 and 2/4 sections. I’d like the parts to have 4 measures per system in the 4/4 section and 8 measures per system in the 2/4 section. Is there a quick way to do this? Right now I’m clicking around adding system breaks, or adding “make into system”. It’s rather slow and tedious doing it this way.

–Neil

No, it’s not possible to specify changes in fixed casting-off as you go along, though it’s something we would like to add in future. For the time being, you’ll need to add system breaks as you go. You might find using Command-right arrow to move to the next bar and then hitting e.g. , (comma) to move that bar to the next system a reasonably quick way of navigating through the layout to perform this kind of casting off.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

–Neil

Could one ask for 8 measures/line casting off and then use SHIFT+S in Engrave mode to split the 4/4 systems later?

I’ve tried that, but often the larger bars get so jammed up it’s difficult to click on the barlines. Maybe if there’s a key command to allow you to navigate from barline to barline, this might be effective? There are so many key commands I can’t keep track of them all.

–Neil