[FIXED]Cubase 9.0.1 still crashing on close

Had this same exact issue in 8.5.10 and even prior to that, any time I attempt to close Cubase after only working in a project for a few seconds it crashes when I attempt to close it.

For example I spent 2-3 hours writing a song, and I saved it and closed it. It closed absolutely fine, but I realized I rendered out just a small 8 bar section of the song, so I reopened the file, rendered out the whole thing, closed the file without saving and it crashed.

I figured I would come to General first before I make an official bug report post, maybe someone has some insight, I’ve done what people suggested to do to fix it in 8.5 to no avail, and I haven’t re-enabled any of my blacklisted plugins so I have absolutely no idea what is wrong.

Windows 10 with the AU (this happened before the Anniversary Update also back when I was still running 8.0.XX)
i5-4670 3.40GHz
20 GB RAM
EVGA GTX 970 SC stock

EDIT: I’ve fixed my issue by upgrading to the latest VC++ Redistributables (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840)

Hi,

Share the crashdump file with me (via PM), please. The file is located in the Documents/Steinberg/CrashDumps folder.

Make Sure you run Cubase as administrator on windows

Ok, it looks like 9.0.1 has yet to send a crashdump file yet, but I’ve got some from 8.5.10, I’m assuming whatever the issue is the same between the two of them.

Looking again it doesn’t look like crashdump files are being created on this crash. These crashdumps are only from when I was having issues with Fxpansion’s License Manager not acknowledging my licenses. (The specific day I installed Cubase 8 on this computer, and all my logs are only from that day.)

Gave this a shot and it doesn’t seem to fix the issue. Was worth trying at least. :frowning:

The error specifically is a windows prompted error
"Cubase 9 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

What a pitty.

I’ve gone into event viewer on my computer and narrowed down the windows error, here’s what’s happening

Faulting application name: Cubase9.exe, version: 9.0.1.113, time stamp: 0x583db431
Faulting module name: MSVCP120.dll_unloaded, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f8413
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000003d023
Faulting process id: 0x2708
Faulting application start time: 0x01d252c9a7b26afb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 9\Cubase9.exe
Faulting module path: MSVCP120.dll
Report Id: b5b6e65a-11fc-40bc-88a9-1350b9d83bee
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I’m currently running a System File Check to check for any integrity violations, next step is to uninstall my VC redistributables.

Edit: I’ve only tried twice (because I’m dead tired) but so far installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 seems to have fixed my problem.

I get the same faulting module 8.5.2 and 9.01. Please let us know if it really fixed it (I cant install at the moment as I have project going and dont want to risk any issues)

Regards J

Ive tried installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 and no change still crashes on exit(also tried and restarted my comp), so I guess this is on Cubases end. Its not a major issue but its annoying.

Oh man, that’s a bummer. The easiest way to spot what the issue is, is to document what time Cubase crashes, open Event Viewer and then click Windows Logs-> Application and look for the Error that coincides with the time and it’ll tell you exactly what happened (or it did in my case). Hopefully it’s not a difficult fix!

I had the same issue, just got my Cubase Elements 9 installed and it would crash every time I exit.

I’m running Windows 10 Pro.

I did run a compatibility test and it switched its compatibility to Windows 8, now it doesn’t crash on exiting anymore.

Hope this helps! Cheers.