[FIXED in 10.5.2] StepDesigner - DOES NOT SAVE CC Controllers In PRESETS!

:imp:

Hi,

This seems to be a global setup.

Being global across patterns I can understand, but not saving with presets :confused:

I’m not sure there would be any other reason for me to save a preset for the sake of having a bank of different CC controllers matched to what an external instrument would be responding to

So the problem worsens

I’m trying to use two StepDesigners at once to send extra CC steps.

I’ve got one StepDesigner as an insert, and one inserted on a send, both sending to the same synth.

I set the two CC messages in the first StepDesigner and the work as expected.

I then go to the StepDesigner inserted on the first MIDI send, and set its CC messages to different CCs than the first, and yet, it seems to break the connections of the CC messages in the first step designer.

I haven’t tested this thoroughly yet… but I REALL hope this doesn’t happen across the entire project and is only a problem per individual track.

OH MY

IT IS PROJECT WIDE - WHAT - THE - BEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeep

YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE INSTANCE OF STEPDESIGNER CC MESSAGES FOR THE ENTIRE PROJECT?

I’m PRETTY SURE THIS IS CUBASE GLOBAL

MEANING, THESE SETTINGS WONT BE RETAINED FROM PROJECT TO PROJECT

anyone know if this was fixed in 10.5?

Hi,

Not fixed in Cubase 10.5.

This messed me up big time, I did a bunch of quick StepDesigner based ideas that turned onto projects, each separate Cubase project, thinking I was saving the CC settings for each so that I could revisit later to flesh them out some more. I was using the plugin patched to an external synthesizer with specific CC messages so it was imperative that everything stayed the same. Nope.

It’s very frustrating.

THANK YOU FOR FIXING THIS