Fixed midi note length while recording.

I’m probably overlooking something pretty basic, and I apologize if it’s right in front of my face. I’m using an alesis drum kit to trigger VST’s in cubase. Everything is working fine, but I’m looking for a way to set the recorded midi note length to a fixed value. I don’t want to hard quantize it on the way in, or affect the velocity, but just set the midi note length input to a fixed value while recording it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

If you really want to do this while recording (which is not a good idea), the only way, I could imagine is the Transformer. I cannot checked it right now, if the Command is there).

But I would strongly recommend to do this after the recording. Then you have the dedicated function for it in Cubase.

Hey, thanks for the reply… Yeah, that’s the way I currently would accomplish it, it just adds another step. So I was hoping there was a way to just print the track live with the set lengths rather than having to take that extra step to correct it after the fact. Was more a convenience thing than anything else. Thanks again.

Hi,

I just checked the Input Transformer, and change of the length is not possible there.