Fixes/Problems in C6 from C5.5.2..a list please?

Hello,

…“Always On Top” option for the pool

This is by design. This is to prevent that you delete important files when the Pool should be in Focus. The same applies for the MediaBay.

Cheers,

Chris

Are we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yet.

Can’t wait to get the new car mommy, bet its got flat tyres, bet it’s not electric, bet it aint got satnav, bet it got no sunroof, Wah! Still no cupholders!, aint got ipod, Are we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yetAre we there yet?

It’s not out yet ladies. :mrgreen:

Chris,
with all respect, but you keep on repeating the old “by design” phrase.
I’m not buying this since “by design” can very well be used creatively to sort out this issue.

I’m honestly amazed and very disappointed if Steinberg still hasn’t fixed some kind of “always on top” for the MB and pool.
Using the MB in a multiple monitor setup is a pain and instantly kills workflow.

As long as this is not addressed, I absolutely refuse to spend ANY money on ANY Steinberg update.

Firstly thank you Chris for commenting on this thread. We will take it that you (and thus Steinberg) are therefore aware of all of the problems listed, ie Steinberg has recieved this problem “feedback” list and should be addressing them, not ignoring them.

Secondly please Steinberg do not treat us like we are a bunch of idiots. The “Always on Top” is an OPTION on other windows, that we can always turn off. if we are continually deleting important files we dont have to turn it on. But there are many that do want this OPTION and know how to use software.

I am glad Steinberg did not design my car otherwise they would limit its speed to 30MPH because they assume i dont know how to drive and will crash…

Please give us this OPTION.

Thank you for confirming reciept of the other problems/issues in this thread also.

Strike 2…

here you see again, we would rather these problems in this tread were addressed than the addition of more “features” such as guitar plugins. We already have NI’s Guitar Rig (if we need it). The amount of development programming used up to “reinvent the wheel” that should have been used to fix these problems is a bad use of your programmers. Users will happily pay for Cubase 6 with these problems fixed properly over more plugin additions. Why you feel the need to ignore the problems but just pile on more stuff is such a bad company protocol…if all the problems in this thread were addressed i would upgrade to Cubase 6 in a second…(and it seems others as well)…

Blackout

we would rather these problems in this tread were addressed than the addition of more “features” such as guitar plugins.

Hi Blackout,

Let me first start out by saying that although I am sure you are well intentioned, I do believe there is something wrong here with your analysis.

Now, while Cubase over the years has maintained it’s edge over the competition due to its’ non-proprietary nature, this has also opened up the way for many developers to create things such as plugins and so on that can work in many different DAW systems.

So while the standards remain open, Steinberg will always choose to package sound libraries, effects etc in order to give newcomers a feel for creating music on what is essentially the best priced and most stable DAW package on the market.

This does not mean though that Steinbergs’ core development team are actually involved in any way with the creation of specific plugin’s, as that is the purpose of open standards, so the notion that steinberg developers are spending time on plugin creations while neglecting aspects of the program is completely unfounded.

VST benefits everyone in the long run because it means there is the greatest possible choice within human bounds of creative potential.

I agree with Blackout.

There is no good reason that MB and beat designer don’t have AOT.

I can’t even use them until they do, I thought for sure C6 would have fixed those glaring omissions.

True that. When deleting files MB shows a confirmation dialog anyway. :confused:

yes Grave its the most lame excuse i have heard for $teinbergs negligence.

thanks Bentley for your post… i put to you …how long are those “new users” going to really last when they start to encounter these Problems listed, and join the march of unhappy customers. its such short-term thinking and i think it is starting to really catch up to Steinberg now… its time for them to break the cycle and show that they care…and this will in turn convert to dollars for $teinberg in the same way…

i am glad they have updated Cubase. i just wish they would have not let these long-standing problems continue to “float”…it builds resentment, instead of …enthusiasm for the new release.

No worries Blackout

I think what we need to remember though is, it is a bad look for the customer to be always blaming their tools.

There are problems I am having right now that I posted about in the C5 forum, only one answer which of course was general.

I bet my membership here that no one except a developer will be able to answer it either.

Why?

It is because that is how my system is working due to the architectures involved and I must wait for an update.

How is it for a workaround, that I must re-boot the system between each and every piece of music I am working on.

Fortunately for me, however I can get no less than 6 hours operation when it’s up and running even though it can take a couple of hours to “warm up”.

Even though I know why there is a problem who do I call?

Microsoft?

Steinberg?

The maker of my hardware?

How about all 3?

Impossible, if the problem is to be solved it must be a combined effort, so going out on a limb always aiming to take down goliath won’t win because what we are talking about is not a physical thing so maybe you can try to exercise some patience like many others here and wait until the package arrives before jumping the gun.

Cheers

Secondly please Steinberg do not treat us like we are a bunch of idiots. The “Always on Top” is an OPTION on other windows, that we can always turn off. if we are continually deleting important files we dont have to turn it on. But there are many that do want this OPTION and know how to use software.

I am glad Steinberg did not design my car otherwise they would limit its speed to 30MPH because they assume i dont know how to drive and will crash…

If AOT is so glaring an omission you really have to ask yourself why YOU want it rather than the programmers don’t.
Don’t treat programmers as though they are idiots. Well, you could but it’s not a good idea. They tend to ignore you. Because they don’t treat you like an idiot. You only think they do.
People are always forgetting to turn options off and on and always complaining then about bad design. Much like they have the option to go under 30mph in their cars but call the police idiots for fining them for speeding when they’re only doing 40.
Also the main body of complainants that I see here definitely don’t know how to use the software. Turning it on and finding the link to the forum is not using it. :mrgreen: And neither is using any DAW very fast is also not using it. Reading the manual and finding out what it’s supposed to do and how things are done is using it.

How many car crashes have you had? I’d say, looking at this, about three. :laughing:

And before you get angry with me ask yourself what you’re really angry about in the first place.
Probably not something as mundane as a DAW program.

im sorry to hear about your system problem bentley. i know its frustrating. ive had my own share of them, believe me. but we are not talking about system problems, or even bugs. we are talking about longstanding function problems that everyone is experiencing when trying to use Cubase “features”.

Add a feature…make sure it lives up to its promise and works to assist workflow not continue to frustrate due to a crippled issue at the 11th hour. What am i angry about? im not angry. im frustrated and disappointed that i wont be upgrading to Cubase 6 to fix some annoying problems that i wrestle with day in, day out. Maybe you dont use your DAW 8 hours a day so its not such an important part of your life.

Cheers,
Blackout

Bentley, sounds as though your computer has a heating problem to me. Dust is my first call so I hope it’s a clean machine. Then look for something overheating. CPU first, then ram. GPU and finally the Power supply.
Rarely software or the soundcard if they’ve been working ok so far.
IF it looks related to Cubase then maybe a new version is stressing out your CPU or the data bus between the CPU and ram (Northbridge). In which case if you suspect that ring Steinberg support and ask if any (of the) new routines would possibly cause that stress.
If it’s a new computer, especially an i5 / i7, then return it for replacement.

Look for software called “SiSoft Sandra” which tests and stresses the system and will give you tons of info about what’s going on under the hood.

You bet it overheats, but that only makes the system freeze (no pun).

It’s to do with how windows works (or doesn’t) with internal and external sample rates which is a real pain because having an external wordclock I thought would have made the hardware independent of windows but it seems windows likes to dictate a default sample rate nonetheless.

Anyway, this thread was about (lagging) software issues, some of which matter more than others but how much it all matters we can only wait and see.

To Blackout, for what you are talking about, maybe it would be useful to conduct some polls, to ascertain the actual (as opposed to perceived) level of dissatisfaction experienced among users otherwise we may all be typing in vain.

It has been expressed that the pool should have an always on top, so Chris explained why this is not possible, so is not a reasonable question to ask why?

Maybe the only way to get rid of the problem is to do away with the pool altogether and potentially incorporate it into the mediabay for example and I know many would take issue with this approach but once you get used to it mediabay works well.

I for one would really like to be able to manage audio files in that kind of environment.

That’s the thing. I DO know why I want it but I don’t know why the programmers don’t want it. And that’s not calling anyone idiot either. I’m just kind of interested in the reasoning behind the window design in the first place.

There’s only a certain amount of room for stuff on my monitor and I can’t think of one single reason why I would want to waste any of it. So logically what I do is I maximize everything. Unfortunately certain windows keep unmaximizing them, thus hindering my workflow.

the concept of a poll as to whether ppl like Cubase is not going to help anything.

Most ppl here love Cubase. Thats why they are here. Otherwise they would be over on the Logic or Pro Tools forums. but that doesnt stop them from being annoyed by problems with some of the functions that should be addressed but are not.

its like loving your girlfriend (Cubase) and spending a lot of time playing with her (it) but really hating it when she manages to always be quiet during commercials but then decides to talk over the top of Top Gear when it comes on constantly (problem). damn that annoys me. but i still love her and pay for her dinners (updates).

If the problems start to outweigh the positives and its no longer fun tho, we are breaking up. Sometimes the small problems undermine the bigger positives.

Cheers,
Blackout

I can’t believe I posted that 5 years ago!

And no - it isn’t fixed in C6 :frowning:

But it’s good practise to also ask if there is another way to do the same job. Sometimes it’s easier that way than trying to get hold of a programmer to change things.
And sometimes “workflow” means that’s what the job is. Preparation, moving stuff around. Ask for streamlining sure, but the rest is just streamlining yours, or my, own studio.

You are a troll. I believe one of your user names used to be Berylium or something similar on the other forum.

Perhaps you should ask yourself why you have no life, it’s probably not something as mundane as a DAW program.

Since when can you post as a guest on Cubase forums??
I thought we’d all have to enter our Syncrosoft license before we could post?

Anyway, I too would have liked to know what has been “fixed” in C6. Would be nice to have a thread that stays on topic and concentrates on that.

You can’t. But with friendly help from moderator or admin they can make your posts appear as written by “guest”. Devious! :wink: