Flex arrangement layout

Is it possible to get the “Part” name horizontally on top of each group (like shown in the picture) instead of vertically?
I have currently made groups of instruments, but the group name appears vertically.
Skjermbilde 2023-03-22 kl. 15.39.33

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Bendik ! Not automatically I’m afraid. You could simulate the effect by using either staff-attached text that you then hide in the part layouts for the staves they’re attached to, or using text frames (which would be locked to the page this occurs on, rather than the music itself).

2 Likes

Hey!
Could I follow up asking how to make the part names appear in parts as well?

Referring to the picture Bendik provided I would love for the flute/clarinet/mallet to show “Part 1: C Flute/Clarinet/Mallet” in the part. Is there a way to this for all parts?

You can specify how staff labels appear in the current layout using the options on the Staves and Systems page of Layout Options.

You could rename the player so its player names include “Part 1”, and use player names in staff labels (which is a per-layout setting).

You can also rename layouts, which affects the name shown at the top left of the first page of the part. If you haven’t already renamed the layout, its name should automatically follow the player name.

1 Like