is there a way to emulate a MIDI notes mapping by assigning more than one outgoing “note on” to a certain incoming “note on” (like e.g. a Korg nanoPad does)
- my keyboard controller sends C1 to MIDI in: I would like to send C1+E1+G1 to the instrument
- my keyboard controller sends D1 to MIDI in: I would like to send E1+G1+C2 to the instrument
- my keyboard controller sends E1 to MIDI in: I would like to send G1+C2+E2 to the instrument
I’ve seen the same question in the Cubase forum, but cannot adapt the solution there.
Thanks for an idea solving that in VST Live.
We don’t have such a function yet. But we are working on MIDI Inserts which could do that.
is there an option to start a short MIDI file (e.g. one of the “tracks”) individually on keypress/NoteOn event (without starting the “whole show”) ?
it seems that some VST plugins aren’t working anymore since the last update :
- Toontrack EZ Drummer 2 (saying “audio engine inactive”)
- Insert Piz midiMonitor (is completely dumb)
No, sorry. You may trigger playback start via MIDI (Actions and Shortcuts) though.
At least, EZKeys works fine here.
Not sure about MIDI plugins.
Maybe something with the audio system? Try reset, blocksize, samplerate…Otherwise, we need more details like other plugs failing on you.
… are you running VL 1.1.41? More here