flip staccato grace notes

For some beamed grace notes, staccato markings default to the beam side (see first screen shot). I can click and flip the second staccato, but even at 1600%, the beam gets in the way of clicking and flipping the first (see second screen shot). Is there a way to globally set staccato position to the note head side for all grace notes?
Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 5.19.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 5.19.06 PM.png

Well, you can use Alt-Shift click to select individual items super-imposed on one another.

Thank you, Dan. Is there a global setting, to position staccatos on the note head side for all grace notes?

I don’t recall offhand. If there were, it would probably be in Engraving Options—Articulations. Or —Grace Notes.

There’s no global option specifically for the positioning of articulations on grace notes. However, probably easier than trying to select and flip the grace notes specifically would be to select the notes and then make adjustments in the Properties panel at the bottom of the window, where the placement properties can be found.

Ok. Thank you, Daniel.

Curious. Can you tell me why changes to the staccatos in the score don’t carry over into the parts? Is it related to why cresc text in the score appears as hairpins in parts? It would be helpful if those changes to the score appeared in the parts, automatically.

This is the matter of propagation, which will apparently be improved to be more intuitive in the future (though at the moment, I rather like it as it is).

Any changes you make to a player in a score layout must be propagated to apply to other parts where that player appears.

Edit—>Propagate Properties, or assign it to a key command (like Ctrl-Alt-P, since you’ll use it often).