Floating Transport panel - Please 2-line design again!

You can undock it from the bottom and put it in one line with the other stuff. thats what I do now. Like it as it is. Yeah it could/should be docked, but there is this workaround which does its job and thereare a lot of other much more important things to fix now imho!

Haha man, for a sec I saw that image and thought it was actually docked up there and I was like “woah! how the heck did i miss that?” lol… Yeah, I know you can have the floating window, and you can put that really anywhere you want, but I don’t like the idea of it floating… probably just my OCD. I’d rather just have it docked at the bottom than float at the top, even though I’d prefer it best to be docked at the top. Anyway, not a big deal though.

I vote to bring back the two bar high transport panel. I liked having the numbers above the play button and also the singe line is way to long to practically use. And the fact that you can only grasp it to move it from its tiny sides wayyyyy at either far end of it is crazy impracticable

Very anoying…+1.
Fix this. Unusable by design right now.
Unless you are on 3x 4k monitors.

And this: why? It was great the way it was:
What annoys me with the new ‘slimline’ design, is that the navigation/position readouts now all look the same - the Locators, Punch In/Out, Duration and Timeline position boxes all merge into one indistinguishable mess

+1

Any chance to get the two row design back, or is Steiberg still not listening to its customers?

Extremely anoying, because pay for updates every year and get nothing rom the most requested things!

They’re certainly not listening to this one! :angry:

I don’t like the floating F2 ! and you don’t need this anymore.
Because you have upper and lower toolbars since Cubase 10.
In this two sections you can freely set what you want to see…

Nobody can tell me that he need to have all F2 buttons always visible… In most cases it is much faster to use shortcuts for most F2 buttons… and you should also use this before you throw your screen with thousands of buttons…

I on the other hand, like the floating transport panel more then docked. That was one of the reasons I switched to Cubase from reaper!!!
I also prefered simpler, slicker old school ui! I started with 7LE and from that one I’ve upgraded to 9Elements, which still had that floating panel ( and ui with windows that weren’t freezing).
I’d really like Steinberg to include old layouts for those of us who favour clarity and efficiency over overdesigned ui. (with new additional functions present in current versions )

Ah! OK then! I’m so glad you cleared that up for me, there was me (silly me!) thinking I actually needed something that I’ve been using for decades and which has been removed without reason or logic. :unamused:

It should be configurable and scalable so it can be read from long distance.

+1
%100 agree

glad that we have members in here, who are telling me, what i need, i am in music business since the early 80s analog times and i know what i need!

+1
Maybe give users an option to choose which layout they prefer.

Yes please!

I also tried to switch to the 2 line form, that in my opinion, is not only much more practical but also more correct and beautiful as a graphical design. Nevertheless In vain! I wonder why we cannot have a choice. It is a critical issue. We use it repeatedly every day.
Than you
John

+1