flow heading disappeared

Hello,

I was just making final edits to an orchestral part, and for whatever reason, one flow has completely lost its title, and there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do to bring it back. I was editing the final bar in the previous flow (I think that’s what triggered this issue).

I’ve tried making a new flow and pasting the contents into it (then deleting the old flow), deleting bars at the beginnings and ends of each flow, and resetting all frame attributes.

Is there anything else I can try? I’m working on a deadline and a little worried… any help appreciated!

Welcome to the forum, Andrew. Sorry to hear you’re having problems! Can you zip up and attach the project, or email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de, so we can help you efficiently (per this thread)?

My first thought would be that you have somehow overridden the page so Dorico no longer feels free to add automatic things like flow headings. In Engrave mode, take a look at the Pages panel and see if the page in question has a red override triangle in the corner. If it does, right-click and choose Remove Page Override.

Andrew,
I’m guessing you have checked that the information for the missing flow (via the pull-down at the top) is still correctly entered in File > Project Info for that flow.
Just something worth checking.

Thank you both for your quick replies!

Derrek: the info was indeed present for the missing flow title in question – but I hadn’t thought to look there, so thanks for the idea regardless.

Daniel: I’m happy to say it was just a matter of “Remove All Page Overrides” – the pages had shuffled around right before the issue happened, and I think there was some user error here in misidentifying the page in the Pages panel (still figuring out where to look when things don’t go as expected).

Oddly enough, though the problem was on page 20, removing only the override on page 1 (which did have a red triangle as well) was enough to fix it, and I still can’t figure out what caused the issue in the first place. If this sounds unexpected and the project would be useful for diagnosing, let me know and I’ll email it to you, otherwise it’s certainly working again just fine, so no further action or reply needed.

Thanks again for taking the time to help out – I’ve been really impressed with Dorico so far, and appreciate how many thorough answers can be found on this forum.

It had me stumped (nearly 3 years on) and so simple to remove override, thank you. Yes my layouts are usually set to “never” show.