Flow heading doesn't give enough margin at the bottom

Sometimes there are some elements placed at the top of the staff conflicting with the flow heading. Is Dorico going to threat that automatically eventually?

Layout options: Page setup: Flows: Flow heading bottom Margin.

Also partly related to this: Text above first system on a page - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Thank you for your answer steveparker. But, in my opinion, if I set a margin for 10mm, that margin should consider every element above the staff to avoid what is happening here, or, at least, Dorico should have an option to change the margin of the heading individually, so I could correct only that page with only one value change. Right now, the way I solved it, I had to change the space of every staff of that page, and it takes time. And, of course, I don’t want to change the global margin value because the space is good in all the other places (where this doesn’t happen).

Thank you. I saw Daniel’s answer to that thread and it is not very reassuring, although I think the reason they wouldn’t implement it in that case is different from this one.

Just in case you’re not aware of this: You can introduce a Flow Heading Change for that particular page which only changes the bottom margin of the heading.

Edit: See this page of the online user manual.

Thank you! That is exactly what I need!

How do I change only the second flow heading? When I use Insert Flow Heading Change, it seems to be changing all headings of the page.

Yes. You cannot change individual flow headings with flow heading changes because they always affect the whole page. :frowning:

I think many of us are a little unhappy about this, but it is what it is. It’s probably one of those cases where technical reasons lead to design decisions that seem to make little sense for the end user just because he can’t see the reasons.

If you have lots of Flow Headings on one page it’s a case of inserting a Flow Heading Change that caters for the majority of them, then manually adding/removing/adjusting the frame(s) for the one or two that shouldn’t match the rest.