Flow spacing resetting when changing later flows?

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Am I doing something wrong? It’s a bit inconvenient.

Note that I’m changing the player assignments for Flow 13, and it’s changing the staff spacing for Flow 11.

574660a7-3933-4759-82a2-9cbdab4a7d2d

File is attached. You’ll need MusAnalysis or it’ll be a bit goofy-looking.
005.dorico (643.1 KB)

I have witnessed things like this before. I’ve also had a few odd instances where adding a system break on, say, the second system of page 3 changed the staff spacing on page 2, even though there were frame breaks in between and the content of page 2 wasn’t changing or being manipulated at all. Always seems to strike at random times.

Interestingly, it doesn’t reset the spacing if I remove the Lead from later flows, just the piano. And it seems to happen with any flows following Flow 11.

I can confirm a little bug here. What’s happening is that Dorico is incorrectly falling into some code that’s intended to remove now-redundant spacing adjustments when a player’s instruments are removed altogether from a layout – but it of course shouldn’t be doing this for any flow other than the one(s) you’re removing it from. We will make sure this gets fixed for the next update.

2 Likes

Thank you Daniel!