{@flowname@} mechanism

By default Dorico does not display the flowname on the score default master pages.
Where is this controlled?
If I change the score default master page to have additional information in the header (f.e. {@flownumber@}. {@flowname@}) only the flownumber will be displayed on the first page of a new flow, not the flowname. Why is this? I could not figure out, where this is been controlled from…
Thank you for a hint.

A. The token to which you’re referring is {@flowTitle@}
B. It’s controlled in Layout Options, here:

1 Like

Thanks Leo, yes of course it {@flowtitle@}.*
So if I decide to populate the header of the score default master page with more information, only the {@flowtitle@} bit can be controlled…
If I change the header to
{@flownumber@}. {@flowtitle@}
to give a bit more information on the top of the pages (f.e. “17. Aria” instead of just “Aria”) I get an annoying “17.” on the first page of that flow, just above the flow header “17. Aria” - which is pretty much unnecessary.
So far I have not found a way around it.

*) still waiting for Dorico on iPhone, so to give proper nomenclature. :thinking: how are master pages called these days?

Are you adjusting the tokens on the First Page Template or in the Flow Heading Template?

This might be irrelevant but have you tried switching switching the Flow Heading on/off?

Daniel, I am adjusting the score default master page, not the score first master page.

Apologies, I misread!

Can you attach the project when you get a chance?

I can’t- as its a 24 flow oratorio (with 16 horn players…) But I will make a small sample project to demonstrate.

You can’t automatically hide any tokens above flow headings at the top of the page, other than those listed in Layout Options.

What I’ve done in the past is duplicate the Default page template, name it something like “no header”, delete the header text frame entirely from both sides, and then assign that page template to pages where the flow heading is at the top of the page and I don’t want to show a running header above it. That can then be used in all the part layouts, for instance, similar to a page template that just has a text frame for “intentionally left blank” on it.

You could also simply delete the header text frame directly from the affected pages, but this results in a local page override.

1 Like