Focus changing when showing/hiding panel

I think this has been mentioned before, but I couldn’t find, so apologies for potentiel duplicate thread.

I tend to show and hide the property panel quite a bit (I like to see as much as possible of my score, but obviously need the panel here and there) by pressing Cmd-8, and this causes the score to flip to another position - sometimes ten pages or more. This happens even if an item is selected. If I now scroll the score to the place I want, I arrive at yet another point when hiding the panel - as if the scrolling has effect for both views (which it should), but is “out of sync”. It seems to be connected to changing zoom level (the zoom level sometimes changes for no apparent reason, so this is needed) and affects only Page View. It doesn’t matter if I press Cmd-8 or click the chevron to show the panel.

Is this a known bug, and can we expect a fix in the next update? And does anyone happen to know a workaround (except Galley View, which reduces the problem to Engrave Mode)? I’m starting to develop a slight fear of Cmd-8…

It’s an acknowledged bug. It happens with view/ whole page. Seem to remember that changing the zoom level ever so slightly helps…

Does this happen even if you have something selected? For me, the zoom will take me on a long journey away from home; but, if I have selected an item/object, it will anchor the zoom. Does your situation happen regardless? Just curious.

I can relate to your zoom-related journeys. But the jumping back and forth when showing/hiding the property panel happens regardless of having anything selected. I can even change the property I want to change with the selection out of the screen. It’s just not nice to work blindfolded…