Folder Routing set automatically

I’d like to drag tracks into a folder and have them routed to a specific group or out when dragged in. Would be nice if a master “channel settings” could be applied as well so we’d only have to route sends and mabe EQ once.

+1

When working with stereo tracks in a folder with a specific colour, specific routing, specific EQ etc. it’s quite a hassle to insert a 5.1 or a mono track into that folder which adapts the same colour, routing, EQ etc. The “duplicate track”-option is a workable alternative when using the same-format (stereo/mono/surround) tracks?
A preference like: “adapt folder parameters when adding tracks” would be nice, including a check-markable list of options of course.

Niek/ Amsterdam

+1

If I understood correctly you’re looking for something like the “Summing Stacks” in Logic. This is a great feature. Basically it’s a folder that is also a Group Channel. Everything dragged into this Summing Stack routes into this Group Track with all it’s inserts etc. Also volume is applied. If you drag something out, it’s routed to the normal stereo bus again or another Summing Stack if dragged into another folder.

It would be great if folders could at the same time be Group Tracks and have a little more logic than just for optical reasons.

+1

+1

I love this feature in Reaper – would love to see it in Cubase. You just add a track (to be used as a folder), then click the folder button on the track, and every track below slips into the folder. Then you click the last track in the folder to indicate the end of that folder, and it’s done. Repeat the process for the rest of your tracks, and in less than a minute you have folder groups (buses) that make your project very organized and easy to visually follow. Everything you do to that lead folder track affects all tracks in it (FX, automation, routing). And if for some reason you have a particular track in a folder that you do not want bused to the lead folder track – but you still want it in the folder track for visual or organizational purposes – you can easily route it elsewhere (send it to another folder for example, or to an fx channel, or whatever). Super handy.