Font size of fingerings on chord diagrams

The default size of the fingerings below chord charts is too small to read. Is there a way of making it larger?

Hi!
Do you mean that the chord diagram is too small? If you want to make it bigger, go to “Library” —> “Engraving Options” —> choose “Chord Diagram” —> scroll down to “Scale factor relative to chord symbol” and change the size.

Not sure if this is what you asked for, but in “Engraving Options” you can change sizes and stuff for many many things…

Kind regards/Emil

The fingerings can’t be much bigger without becoming much wider than the strings to which they correspond. I would guess that typically the kinds of educational materials in which fingerings are shown in diagrams, the diagrams would be shown rather larger to begin with, as Emil suggests.

Emil, the diagram size is fine. Dorico 4 now enables fingers to accompany the chord diagrams, but the font is too small to be discernible. I have increased the scale factor, but still can hardly read finger numbers.

Daniel, here is a screen shot from a Sibelius score:

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 2.50.38 PM.png

Same scale factor as Dorico, but the fingering is clearly legible.

Jimmy Rose

th_thTrebleClefWithRose.jpeg

I agree it would be helpful to be able to increase the size of the fingering numbers at the ends of strings. We’ll take a look at it.