Font/ text issues 8.0.5

If your post was rejected I can only guess that it didnā€™t follow the rulesā€¦

You can just make a new post in miscellaneous or here in general to see if anyone else has this issueā€¦havenā€™t seen it reported before I donā€™t think.

Iā€™m not entirely clear, are there some users who can actually edit text in Cubase 8.05 as per the normal behaviour?

Is this an issue with the update or does it just effect some users. I certainly have the issue and it is a huge timewaster, not just on versioning tracks but saving FX chain presets and loads of other things I do which used to involve the copy/paste/edit routine.

When using CB 8.05 can you double click on a track name so the test is highlighted for edit, and then click to produce the ā€˜Iā€™ bar allowing you to edit individual characters?

I feel like Iā€™ve gone back to DOS, inputting text: irritating!

Not sure about on Mac but all Windows users have this bug.

When using CB 8.05 can you double click on a track name so the test is highlighted for edit, and then click to produce the ā€˜Iā€™ bar allowing you to edit individual characters?

Noā€¦but until fixed you can highlight for edit and then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to produce and move the ā€œIā€ bar.

I feel like Iā€™ve gone back to DOS, inputting text: irritating

What do you mean exactly??
You can edit part of text using the keyboard workaround listed multiple times in the thread already.

And exactly that is like going back to dosā€¦

+1 confirmed.
Same problem on my win7 pc after cubase 8.0.5 update.
Recognised it during track exports.

info-bar adjustments (e.g. midi velocity) can only be changed by right click, double click has no effect.

+1 confirmed
same issue with text
Win 7 64 bit

Anyone noticed that in the project notepad, all is normal?

Having the same text editing issue on tracknames etc and am increasingly infuriated! Hope they fix it soonā€¦ :frowning:

(Windows 7 64bit)

Does any else use marker names to export audio mixes? It use to be very easy to highlight the marker description, click right on the mouse, copy and paste into the export audio name field. This no longer works for me on my windows 8.1, 4th gen I5 laptop using Cubase 8.05. Still works how ever using Cubase 7.5.

Any help would be appreciated.

This must be the definition of insanity. repeating the same post and expecting different resultsā€¦ :unamused:

+1

For now ā€¦click on text use right arrow cursor appears at end

+1

Also plugin names inserts on mixconsole are very small now. My eyes hurt.

+1 Very Annoying!

+1 Very annoying and how could they let something this small and cumbersome get through? They did actually let real professional users try this before it was released right? :slight_smile:

Seems to be fixed in 8.0.10 although I still have the problem of 2 different size fonts being used that I canā€™t correct.

I was also hoping theyā€™d change over to the smaller size fonts.

Glad they fixed the issue!

soul patch: youā€™re correct and thanks. I thought this was my need for new glasses, but now have new ones and I see your observation also.