For those getting a PC...

If you’re wondering about components etc there’s a very long thread on Gearslutz.com that has a ton of info. I recommend starting from the last post and moving backwards towards the beginning (the thread is that long).

Also check scanproaudio.info and search for “dawbench”. It’s a test they use to compare different CPUs. The two tests are the “DSP” test which is more focused on plugins and then the “VSTi” or “Polyphony” test which runs a virtual instruments at different buffer settings to see what polyphony numbers we can get.

Just figured I’d make this more apparent since so many ask questions here but there aren’t a ton of responses…

Thanks for the link and the explanation, that’s exactly what I need! I’ve gotten a Macbook recently but have trouble with Apple software and was thinking of giving it to my wife while I’d build myself a new PC…
Speaking of said PCs, could you guys please recommend a shop that sells computer parts in Hungary, or in Central/Eastern Europe in general? Because I was planning to invest and buy a house in Hungary to move there with my wife (I’m half Hungarian, and she speaks the language as well) as I now have a remote job, and I wanted, if this happens, to build myself a really good PC there so that I could use it as a studio computer, for work and for games without worrying about compatibility or performance issues.