Force Brother to print NON-duplex

How you connect your printer? USB? Wi-Fi?

[quote=“Eddo”]
I have got the same problem with a Canon i-sensys MF635x – Dorico ignores the duplex (un-) setting. Native printer settings are set to print one-sided, too.
[/quote]

How you connect your printer? USB? Wi-Fi?

Yes, not nearly enough information. How are you connecting? What OS? What drivers are you using? You appear to have a few choices:

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/laser/laserbase_mf_series/i-sensys_mf635cx.html?type=drivers&language=EN&os=macos%2010.15%20(catalina)

This is the solution. It’s been years with sibelius and now dorico, with the same problem now solved. No more pdf work around.

I have a Brother MFC-2750 (very similar to yours) with the latest driver updates and I’m running it with the latest version of Windows. I’m not having the problem you’re describing. I flip between duplex and “one side only” pretty often. I run mine via wifi. If you haven’t already, try updating the printer to the latest driver (April 2020) and install the latest firmware (August 2020). If you’re still having problems, try unplugging the printer for 30 seconds and plug it back in. This solves a wifi problem I have every once in a while. I hope you’re able to fix it. Good luck.

Since Sibelius days, I have printed everything via FinePrint ( Windows only), which can switch between single and double sided printing with one click. It installs as a virtual printer and is also useful for combining and reordering the output of different programs.

I have an HP Laserjet 4300, however. It may not work for Brother printers, though I dont see why not and it is worth giving the free trial a run.

David

Hi David and Diamondknive,
Thanks for your answers. I need to remind though, that the problems discussed in this thread only happen on a Mac, so windows-only solutions probably won‘t help as much as we hope…

For me it worked to download&install the CUPS-driver from brother’s web site and add the printer again using this driver. It seemed to be a problem with the mac-internal driver (which seems to work but has this problem that Dorico does not recognize the duplex setting).

Sorry. The thread is so long that I forgot that salient fact.

Best,

David

I have found workaround (for smaller pieces) : PRINT >>> Job Type > Print Range …Type page numbers separated by coma (1,2,3,4,5) It will print pages on one side only. (Printing takes slightly more time …but it’s working:)