Force certain flow to start on a right/left page?

Hi, I’m wondering if there’s a way to tell, for example, my third flow that it needs to always start on a right side page regardless of what comes before it (because I’m not done composing the flows before it so everything is going to change, and manually inserting blank pages now would not be ideal because of that). I’m just trying to set the page turns for flow 3 in stone so I can get that specific movement to the performers ahead of the other movements.

Thanks!

Not at present, no.

does this need to be limited to “flow” based or right-side ? Sometimes I skip the right page so that a left/right pair can be exposed.

Could you just insert a master page change that only has a right hand master and apply it to the first page of flow 3? (I’m not sure, haven’t tried this form of the workaround… I’ve always inserted a blank page.)

I made a similar request some time ago: Force new left or right page - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

This would be useful, but I fear that it’s complicated as it would need to be per player per flow.

The more I think of it, a “start new flows on (left/right) page” option could be useful in many situations. Books always start on the right, but I always have my organ music start on the left so that each piece begins as an open spread.

Dear Romanos401,
You already can do that, but only for the beginning of the project (Layout options>Page setup>Page number)
The problem with flows is that they should remain “movable” and this kind of option could cause problems.

Perhaps the real requirement here is an option to fit a flow onto an even number of pages.

Lilypond almost has that capability - you can specify the number of pages to be occupied by a “flow,” and/or the number of systems to be used, and the horizontal spacing is adjusted as required. The number of systems per “flow” can be useful to stop Lilypond reformatting the music with different note spacing, to align the end of flows with page breaks for the complete project when there are several “flows” per page.

(Lilypond doesn’t use the term “flow,” but that is the best analogy for Dorico users to understand.)