It has been requested before, but it is still not here(after many years) so I will take it up again.
It would be very handy to set the scale for the piano roll/midi editor. Options could be:
- Colorcode in scale (Notes in scale show green both on the piano roll and when entered)
- Colorcode out of scale (Notes out of scale are marked red both on the piano roll and when entered)
- Allow out of scale (if it possible to enter notes out of scale, but they will be marked as above)
- Disable out of scale notes (Notes out of the selected scale are greyed out and can not be entered)
- Quantise up (If you click on notes out of scale they are moved to the closest note up)
- Quantise down (If you click on notes out of scale they are moved to the closest note down)
It would also be cool to have a “chord wand”. A ward with more or less the same options as in the chord track (3 maj, 3 min, 3 dim, 4note, 5 note, root and inversion" and when you click a note in the piano roll you enter a chord.
Heck while I am at it, why not add an arp wand too? Select pattern (op, down, up/down, “clipboard = copy a part”", 4, 8, 16, 32 notes, Select scale) and when you click a note it draws an arpeggio that starts from that note and forward as long as you draw the “note”.
Please add this, it makes work a lot faster for some of us.