Force show time signature

I am trying to force showing a time signature and I can’t get it to work. The issue is in bar 65

That looks like an “explicit” barline rather than a time signature: try inputting a fresh time signature there.

1 Like

Tried to put it in again - it is just for that staff so I use alt+enter (Mac) - still not getting the actual time signature to show. Is it because it’s just for that staff?

What did you have selected prior to inputting the time signature – the barline, or the first note in the bar? If the barline, is there already a local time signature on that staff? To input a local time signature on one staff, you have to select something that only belongs to that staff; a global barline won’t work.

1 Like

Just tried it again with selecting the first note and it still does the same thing… :man_shrugging:t4:

but that’s really good to know that selecting the barline and objects yields a different result.

Can you share the project file itself, or a version of it that only contains a few bars around this barline (provided it still demonstrates the issue) ?

Cello and Piano Concerto April 21 2022 - 22_Trumpet (B Flat) 1 - Flow 5.dorico (1.3 MB)
Here’s the part that has the issue - formatting is off - but the problem is still there, I believe

Thank you so much for your help!

Aha, of course – you’ve got an interchangeable time signature earlier in the flow, and Dorico automatically hides any subsequent time signatures specified in an interchangeable time signature.

Select the red signpost, and activate the End interchangeable property.

2 Likes