Format of digital values

Есть ли какая возможность вводить цифровые значения, которые находятся в настройках не через дробь (например - 1 1/2) , а более привычно - через запятую (1,5)?
Спасите мой мозг! Я не математик. :open_mouth:

============================

Is there any possibility to enter numeric values ​​that are in the settings not through a fraction (for example - 1 1/2), but more habitually - through a comma (1,5)?
Save my brain! I’m not a mathematician. :open_mouth:

I don’t know whether localisation settings play a part in this - certainly in English Dorico you can use a period (.)

Спасибо! Через точку (.) вроде работает.
Уважаемые разработчики, спасите мозг пользователей вашей программы! Сделайте опцию в настройках выбора по-умолчанию отображаемых цифровых значений через точку (.)

===========================

Thank you! Through a point (.) works.

Dear developers, save the brain of the users of your program! Make an option in the default selection settings for the displayed numeric values via a period (.)

Fractions are more accurate than decimal values if you need e.g. 1/3, so internally Dorico uses fractions.

I think almost everywhere you can use a period. “.” is convention in English-speaking countries, “,” is often used elsewhere.

Я одного не могу понять, если программа понимает разные форматы цифровых значений, то почему пользователям не дают возможность через настройки программы выбрать удобный для каждого вариант формата вводимых значений? Это же ничего не стоит сделать.

I can not understand one thing, if the program understands different formats of digital values, why do not users be given the option to select the format of input values ​​convenient for each option through the settings of the program? This is nothing worth doing.

Two things:

1. I’ve just tried typing 0,33 into e.g. Engraving Options. Dorico understands this.
  2. Hold your mouse over any fractional value and Dorico will show you the decimal value.

Does that answer your question?

Я это понял из предыдущих ваших сообщенй. Но я не понимаю разработчиков Dorico, почему они не добавили опцию в настройки программы позволяющую задать Отображение цифровых значений по умолчанию? Вот чего я не могу понять! Они, вместо добавления настройки позволяющей вводить (и отображать) значения через точку (.) сделали только всплывающую подсказку. Хотелось бы,чтобы была возможность иметь настройку, позволяющую отображать значения только через точку или запятую (а не через всплывающую подсказку).

==========================

I understood this from your previous communications. But I do not understand the developers of Dorico, why they did not add an option to the settings of the program allowing you to set the Display of the default digital values? That’s what I can not understand! Instead of adding a setting that allows you to enter (and display) values ​​via a period (.), Only a pop-up tooltip was made. It would be desirable, that there was an opportunity to have the adjustment, allowing to display values ​​only through a point or a comma (instead of through the pop-up prompt).

As explained earlier in the thread, floating point values cannot express rational fractions precisely, and Dorico uses rational arithmetic internally, so we use rational numbers throughout the user interface to display the values. We don’t want to use decimal values in the UI as this will lead to rounding errors when the values are converted back and forth. With the current scheme you can immediately see what actual value will be used by the program after you enter a decimal value.