Formatting text in tokens

Thanks for the suggestion.
Unfortunately

Words:
Music:

on separate lines is equally frequent.

It has been postulated that the Quebecois accent is closer to 18th century French pronunciation than what is spoken in France today. Same with American English as being closer to what was being spoken in Britain in the 17th and 18th centuries. Not sure about the Knoxville accent, though! :wink:

1 Like

That wouldn’t surprise me in the least. I know that Parisienne french has really shifted since the revolution and the Îsle de France has its own distinct rhythm and accent (the accent that I learned). The french of southern France has much more inflection whereas Paris is rather ‘cool’ and flat.

Can somebody refresh my memory :
can’t find anymore (dorico help search , pdf manual… how to
bold and italic formatting in text tokens…I don’t remember in which video it was, and after 2-3 video I post here
remember something like: *token or/ …??? Was it only in the project info or also in frame create in engrave??

• Bold and italic formatting in text tokens. You can now use simple Markdown formatting for bold and italic text in the fields in Project Info, and Dorico will convert that into the appropriate bold, italic or bold italic styles when it resolves the tokens in text frames.*

Yes but how??
Thanks

See this video at 9:22 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQuV5NbfZtw&t=562

@Craig_F
Thanks to point me to the video I looked 3 times but in youtube with the arrow left and right I didn’t saw it…
But here his the print screen of the video:

not really a 4k video so I supposed when zoom it it was two star before and after:
But I obtain:
Snag_1fc95ef
I tried also with two ‘’
Snag_1fcf46b
Perhaps it’s a problem with swiss french keyboard??

Make sure the Resolve Markdown formatting for text tokens option is ticked in the Project Info dialog.

If that doesn’t work, then I’m not sure.

You are attempting this in the Title Field. IIRC it only works in the Other Information Field at the bottom.

No, @Derrek , it works for all fields.

1 Like

See bullet point 2 on this page:

@Craig_F
Great thanks Yes it was the solution (“resolve Markdown…”

1. Too bad that the windows that open are not responsive, so we don’t always see everything and we miss certain things and waste a lot of time. Here is a screenshot of what I have with a small display:

too bad that by putting the keywords expressed in the promotion of the update Bold and italic formatting in text tokens. we get nothing in all the searches carried out, (in any case in those that I have done)
Thanks to all
best regards

1 Like

Try searching the manual for “markdown” or “bold italic tokens”, both of which bring up the Project Info dialog as the top result (that’s the page that describes the different markdown formulations you can enter).

@Lillie_Harris
Sorry As I believe it was you who took care of this part. My apologies!

…Can you tell me if you have the time how to search effectively, because I think I have yet another way of searching: I search a bit like in Google and then I look in the description if I find the words ( and it’s at this moment if I see the keywords searched for that ) I click on the hyperlink…so obviously it doesn’t work like that.

Should I always believe the first link to be sure to find the keywords even if they don’t appear in the description?

Is keyword searching done like in programming languages? so is it
&& or | | ? or still something else

It’s worth a look, for sure, especially if it’s got 5-full stars displayed (which indicate a high-accuracy match to something on that page, or just generally a page that’s likely to be relevant).

The direct search in the online manual benefits from metadata I have embedded throughout the manual. This metadata includes phrasing from real users who have described a particular issue or question using specific words. It’s really quite good theses days.

However, these keywords don’t necessarily appear in the text body itself: so my recommendation would indeed be to have a look at the top result (or whichever of the top c 3-5 results look most likely based on your context), even if the short extract of text displayed as a preview doesn’t contain a 100% match to what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

@Lillie_Harris
Thanks, I understand it much better and and while waiting for your response, I did some tests, because the other day I was looking for
{@projectFileName@} and {@projectFilePath@}
So my test for keywords:
project file path give nothing
project file path token solution in the second
project file token solution in the fourth
projectfile in the first
projectpath nothing
project path in the first
project file name in the fourth
So result: you are right and keep in my mind

works well