Forum back button bug

When I use my back button on the mouse (or on browser) after reading a post, the forum rests to the top. Annoying if your quite a ways down the list.

1 Like

Curious, seem to work OK for me on macOS Safari. Which browser are you using? I’ll try to reproduce the issue.

I’m using Chrome on Windows 10

Same here with Firefox 83 on Win10. Very annoying indeed :angry:

I wonder what that could be. Here’s Chrome 87 on Windows 10 and it seems to work for me.

The only thing I can think of is that while you’re reading a particular post, the list gets a new topic and it directs you back to the top?

I don’t think so, not sure why it works for you.

Of course, I’ll raise it to Discourse and see if it’s something they’ve seen before.

Seems to the same on Edge for me

I get this issue too (back takes me to the top)
on win10 with Chrome (latest) Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

thought maybe it sonething to do with uBlock origin, but even after disabling that is the same.

it works as it should on my mobile chrome on my pixel 4

ah ive figured it out, its to do with tags for me

my bookmark for cubase forum includes the tag (cubase11)

Topics tagged cubase-11

now if i browse and try going back when ive used that link, it always goes to the top after going back.

if instead i dont use tags and go to Cubase - Steinberg Forums
then the back button works as ecxpected (doesnt jump to the top)

1 Like

That’s very helpful to know. I can pass that back to Discourse.

1 Like

Confirmed although kind of useless, I always use tags.

1 Like

Yes.

I always use tags, here its C11, as I’m not very interested in prior versions. I’m on Mozilla Firefox 83.0 and it always goes back to the first post. I hope this gets fixed soon.

1 Like

I’m pleased to say that Discourse have fixed this bug now.

1 Like

Yes it has! Thanks.

No… It has not ( as of 12/29/2020 ), or it is not working again!

The behaviour is not quite the same as the previous issue, but I can see that it’s not restoring to the right place when clicking back. I’ll raise it to the Discourse folks again and see what they say.

1 Like

Thanks Ben… Happy Healthy New Year! :slight_smile:

The clever people at Discourse tracked down the issue and fixed it (a few days ago now)