- Entered at least 5 topics
- Read approximately 30 posts
- Spent a total of approximately 10 minutes reading posts
This is based on Trust Levels. Read more here
click here to reveal info
- Recategorize and rename topics
- Access a secure category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
- Have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow)
- TL3 spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
- TL3 flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
- Make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
- Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 2×"
- Clicking on your user avatar reveals icons – click on the Human to see what’s available. (Profile signature is under Preferences)
You can limit topic display to your interests by muting those that are not relevant to you.
Click the large pencil to the right of the title:
You can then edit the title, or , click in the tag field to the right of the category to see the alphabetic list of tags, or simply start typing; select the tag needed, then click the checkmark ( ) to accept.
These determine users’ privileges. See Understanding Discourse Trust Levels
If you have a physical keyboard, press ? for a list of keyboard shortcuts.
Simply drag and drop onto the edit box. Project files, .dmp and .crash files and other pertinent file types can be uploaded.
You can unpin topics by clicking the pin icon. They will be unpinned for you.
Note: You might need to right-click and use open in new tab to see the animations below
Selecting a title from the topic list will always take you to your last read post in the topic. To enter at the top or bottom instead, select the reply count or last reply date.
Topics above the light red line are new or updated since your last visit. If you have read all
the way to the end of a topic, its title will be light grey instead of black.
For search, the menu, or your user page, use the icon buttons at the upper right.
While reading a topic, use the timeline on the right side to jump to the top, bottom, or your last read position. On smaller screens, select the bottom progress bar to expand it.
click to reveal info
Press any Reply button to open the editor panel at the bottom of your browser.
Reply to the topic:
Reply to an individual post:
Continue reading (and even navigate to different topics) while you compose your reply; minimize the editor for more room. Drafts will automatically be saved as you write.
To insert a quote, select the text you wish to quote, then press the Quote button that pops up. Simply repeat for multiple quotes.
To notify someone about your reply, mention their name. Type
@ to begin selecting a username.
To generate a summary for a link, paste it on a line by itself. To start a topic with a link, paste the link into the title field.
Your reply can be formatted using simple HTML, BBCode, or Markdown:
This is <b>bold</b>. This is [b]bold[/b]. This is **bold**.
For more formatting tips, try our 10 minute tutorial.
There are action buttons at the bottom of each post:
- To let someone know that you enjoyed and appreciated their post, use the like button. Share the love!
- Grab a copy-pasteable link to any reply or topic via the link button.
- Use the … button to reveal more actions. Flag to privately let the author, or the site staff, know about a problem. Bookmark to find this post later on your profile page.
When someone is talking directly to you – by replying to you, quoting your post, mentioning your
@username, or even linking to your post, a number will immediately appear over your profile picture at the top right. Select it to access your notifications.
To receive, or not receive these notifications via email, visit your forum preferences and set the options in preferences/emails:
Don’t worry about missing a reply – you’ll be emailed any notifications that arrive when you are away.
All topics less than two days old are considered new, and will show a new indicator.
Any topic you’ve actively participated in – by creating it, replying to it, or reading it for an extended period – will be automatically tracked on your behalf, and will show an unread post count indicator.
You can change your notification level for any topic via the notification control at the bottom, and right hand side, of each topic. (Notification level can also be set per category, look for the notification control on the upper right of each category page.)
To change any of these defaults, including the choice of a dark theme, visit your user preferences.