Four Questions For Watson

Cool fun track! The title intrigued me so I had to listen.

Nicely produced, like the guitar sounds alot. Very catchy!

Nice work, I could imagine this as a theme tune on a 70s British TV show or something… (I mean that as a compliment). Yeah that Frippy part is especially nice. I’d agree that the master compression (I think) is slightly too punchy for the track. But good job overall!

Thanks for listening!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for listening! I’m thinking that the snare sounds a little too compressed and therefore unreal, and the bass may be a little too smooth due to overcompression. Also should lower the guitars just a little. Appreciate the input!

Hi

Very good. Excellent sounds and playing. When I was listening I kept thinking it would be great music for a tv animation. Those thought seem a bit obvious after reading the thread. :slight_smile:

Cheers

BTW, the guitar solo could be just a shade lower in volume, was my initial reaction, as Doug says, but it is ok.

Thanks for listening, Dave, and thanks for feedback. I think you guys are right, and I’'ll lower the volume in next mix.

Nice work. I have come up with “fun” ideas like this before but usually can’t turn the idea into a full song. You have done that very nicely on this one. You know how some Vai or Satriani tends to be a good idea that didn’t develop into a full song but more of just a “clip”? That is what I mean here. Yours is suitable as a full song and not just a “clip”. I mean that as a compliment, of course. I am saying that you have acheived something here that Vai and Satriani have failed to do on some of their stuff.
Anyway, I like it. :smiley:

Sincerely,
J.L.

Thanks for listening, J.L. I do work hard on putting ideas together in a coherent way. A good piece has to keep moving and changing while referring back to what has happened before, to keep it interesting. And it has to sound like it just fell out of your fingers while you played your guitar or keyboard – it can’t sound forced. We rarely talk about the compositional aspect around here, but I think we’re all very focused on that. At least I have to TRY to keep it interesting, because I can’t play like Vai or Satriani! They can definitely get away with a whole lot less, as far as I’m concerned! Thanks again, I appreciate the comments.

This is great - hugely enjoyable from start to finish. Beautifully quirky and I agree with other comments it has a lovely XTC type feel to it.

I also listened again to your other two SoundClick songs - they’re really good, beautifully put together.

Keep 'em coming!

Steve.

Thanks, Steve. The song Wide Stance was a recent re-mix; I’m trying to apply some of the things I think I’ve learned since I first mixed it about 3 years ago. I also re-tracked the guitar parts and used Guitar Rig for the first time (and used the old SG rather than the ES335 this time). Thanks for the comments.
Early

Meh. While Blue Cat’s Peak Meter Pro isn’t free, I’m very happy with the K-14 system that it displays for me quite nicely.