FR: Add or delete comments in Engrave mode

For me, the comments between myself and collaborators often refer to changes in Engrave mode. I find myself switching back and forth between modes constantly.

Would it be possible to allow comments to be added or deleted (or the right-side list visible) in Engrave mode? Thanks.

It’s a slippery slope, Dan. First you want to be able to delete comments in Engrave mode, then it’s breaks, then it’s notes… We don’t have any plans for this at the moment.

Comments are a philosophically different animal from score elements, IMO. They’re inherently collaborative. And again, most of my usage of comments is in engrave mode.

It would just be nice to be able to “check them off” as I resolve edits, that’s all. Thanks for considering.

FWIW, I agree with Mr. Kreider on this one. Comments are inherently different than the score elements they refer to, and you could just as likely want to make comments about the engraving as you do the musical content itself.

Full agreement with Dan and Romanos on this. Comments are not music. I’m definitely more likely to make an comment on the engraving than the actual music written by the composer.

For what it’s worth, comments can indeed be added in Engrave Mode via its default hotkey of Alt+C (and whatever its Mac equivalent is, which I won’t pretend to know), and they can be edited by double-clicking, they just can’t be deleted.

I agree. Most of my comments are actually for things that I know I’ll have to tweak later in Engrave mode. I would like to be able to see them, navigate through tem and to resolve them.

Perhaps, if the dev team just is too uncomfortable with deleting them in engrave mode, there could be a tick box to turn comments green (or another shade of complementary blue) so we can indicate they’ve been dealt with. Heck, even just double clicking and getting a little check mark in the corner.