[SOLVED] AIFF File Import?

HI

Will Cubasis ever allow AIFF audio import? I’ve discovered a great App called Tin Pan which exports to AIFF. It would be great for CB to show up in its 'Open In … ’ options.

So far Cubasis does not support AIFF format. The request has been added to the list.

Thanks

Never occurred to me that this wasn’t possible until I tried!

I would like to vote for this feature as well. Just picked up Cubasis and while it is AWESOME, I was surprised it was unable to use audio files created in the nearly default Mac standard. I have TONS of AIFF files and only a handful of WAV files. The task of converting all of these to WAV just for use on my iPad in this app alone is a little cumbersome to say the least.

I came across this old thread, because I’ve tried to import an aiff-file today. Very surprised that Cubasis doesn’t. Is it still on the list in 2019, Lars?

Hi ninedayswonder99,

Thanks for your message.
The topic is still on our list.

Best,
Lars

Hello. I’d like to add my voice to this request. Today I’ve missed it.

Thanks!

The most ironic thing is that Aiff is compatible to .wav, while Aiff can store some data like cover images which isn’t possible in wav, it’s still compatible and Cubasis is no exception. Simply rename a .aif / .aiff file to .wav and Cubasis magically will accept, load and play the file. It’s totally nuts that this isn’t fixed after almost ten years. Users have to do nonsense work with renaming or converting, which could be prevented with a line of code…

Great bit of information, thanks :+1::slightly_smiling_face:
Mike

Hi @NIELS_ON

It’s totally nuts that this isn’t fixed after almost ten years. Users have to do nonsense work with renaming or converting, which could be prevented with a line of code…

Cubasis 3 supports loading AIFF files.
See the iPhone clip example below which I`ve recorded a minute ago…

Best,
Lars