[FR] Better Updating of Preferences & Presets

Especially after installing Nuendo, when you add custom settings everywhere with outputs, track colors, studio configuration, you configure and update your presets a lot. You make a config, give it a name, and save it. The name is displayed in the dialog. You close the config window. Next time you open it, the name is gone. There’s now no way to see which preset you selected earlier. So when you make changes and want to update your original preset, which one do you update? You first have to remember which one it was, then you have to enter the exact name of the preset manually, and Nuendo asks you if you want to overwrite it.

Suggestion: When I select “Chris Default Preferences”, show it always in the drop down menu. When I made changes in the menu, add an asterisk like this “Chris Default Preferences*” - to indicate this was the chosen preset, but there were changes made since loading it. Then, add an “Update Config” button that I can click to instantly update that preset. Like Workspaces, where I can also update a Workspace with a single click, even after doing changes to the window layout. This would save a lot of time when managing and updating presets.

(I had this request in a monolithic request post but I realized nobody could comment sensibly in any way so I broke it out. Maybe I’ll see that way what makes sense and people +1 and what doesn’t make sense. Sorry for the hassle.)

+1