FR - Custom shortcut for dead notes

I realize there’s no shortcut that can be assigned to dead notes.
In Guitar Pro for instance I can just type x on any line/string of the tab and it displays a dead note (or I can select any group of fret numbers like chords or single notes then type x and it turns them into dead notes).

If we could get that in a future minor update that’d be awesome !

Thanks

Excuse my ignorance, but what does a dead note sound like? Are these notes only found on specific instruments? (I am aware of the term applied to harpsichords, where a string has no resonance, usually because of a badly installed nut or bridge pin; but this is not a prized feature of such an instrument, and not notated in a score!)
David

Easy enough to find searching the web for “dead note guitar.”
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/en/wiki/Dead_note

Hey David !

Sorry for the late reply I was away.
A dead note is ususally played on guitar and bass, but to be honest it could be played on any stringed instrument.
It has a percussive sound and usually it consists of muting the string(s) with your left hand and strumming with your right hand (provided you’re right handed).

It’s very common on guitar and bass, whether in funk, rock, metal, folk, african music, etc…

But you should definitely look them up on youtube for instance, I’m sure you’ll find lots of examples and depending on what you listen to, you might even start recognizing them when listening to your favorite artists/bands (unless you’re mostly listening to classical music for instance, in which I don’t think it’s much used or used at all).

Many thanks for the explanation.

How are dead notes actually notated.?

David

With an x notehead (or an x on tab).

In the properties panel, there’s obviously a switch for dead notes… Which Playback Technique is this linked to?
My guitar library has an articulation for that… :sunglasses:

Benji