[FR]:L/R Locators and Loop Area in Dorico

Hello Dorico crew,
Would be really nice if you add Left & Right Locators and Loop Area in Dorico, just like in Cubase. :slight_smile:
This will allow us to select which part of a composition to be exported as Audio, and also to have an option to Loop area is important.
Check the screenshot:

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

P.S: One more function which I didn’t find in Dorico - Return Playback Cursor To Start Position on Stop (exists in Cubase). I miss it a lot
in Dorico.

Do you know you can select a note and hit P? Then it plays from that location. Also if you select notes from a few instruments, it only plays those instruments from that position. Might be helpful…

theduke hello,
Thank you for the help! :slight_smile: I’ll try it!
Still the Locators and the Loop Area are important to be implemented.

Greetings :slight_smile:

Shift+Space plays from wherever you previously started playback from, which achieves the same result as returning playback cursor to start position on stop, I think…

Leo hello,
Thank you for the answer and help! :slight_smile: Shift+Space works in a very similar way to Return to Start Position, but with two differences:

1. Return To Start Position of the cursor automatically brings back the cursor when you decide to stop the playback, without starting automatically again.
  2. You don’t have to remember one more key shortcut for such simple thing which already exist in Cubase and works great. If you don’t want it, just could be disabled in the Preferences.

Just in Dorico this function could be improved. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

Thurisaz,

I agree that Locators and Loop features would be terrific additions.

Hey, Dorico team,
I really hope that you wouldn’t forget about this Feature Request, which is important and useful for those who would like to practice their instrument part alongside with Dorico! :slight_smile:
Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz