FR: Making Filtering for pitch easier and quicker

Hi, I have a suggestion with regards to filteing for pitches in Dorico. It’s great that there are so many filtering options available, however I find the process of filtering for a specific note rather tedious when repeated a lot. At the moment, if I simply quickly want to filter for a note, I have to go to filter by pitch, then select the note, uncheck the “in octave” tickbox, add that filter and then press select. If I then want to select for another note, I have to open the dialog again, remove the old filter, add a new filter and again uncheck the “in octave” checkbox, then press select. I wish that for simple filter operations like this there was a quicker and faster way to do it, like, say:
Open jumpbar → type “Filter C” → everything is filtered for C in any octave. Type “Filter Db 3” → Everything is filtered for D flat in octave 3.
Not sure if this is just a me thing but I would love to have a feature like that. Also happy for anyone to point out a quicker way of achieving this that I might have missed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, that’s a good idea, and I’ll think about how we might implement something like that in future.

3 Likes

Amazing. I really really appreciate that the Dorico team have so many open ears to the community.