[FR] N7: KC for "Select all following events" ?

Is there a key-command for “Select all following events on the selected track” ?
I can’t find anything on this in the manual…

When editing a track with several events on it it may come handy when I can select an event and/or all its following events, in order to delete,cut, move, or whatever …

I found out that:

1. when double-clicking an event with Shift held down, it selects that event plus all following events on that track.
  2. when triple-clicking an event with Shift held down, it selects that event plus all following events, and after that it de-selects the first event.

Exactly what I need…but since I’m working with an MC Pro I’d like to assign this workflow to a single key-press, but I need a key-command for that!

Any help welcome!
Niek/ Amsterdam

1 Like

Hi Nick,

Edit/Select from cursor to end
or
Edit/select from start to cursor.

HTh
Fredo

Hey Fredo, thanks but I’m afraid your KC’s select all following events on ALL TRACKS?!
At least on my system it does…and I’d like to see it select only following events on the selected track…
Is that possible you think?

Thanks again!
Niek/ Amsterdam.

Hmmm … In my mind, this function existed in some way, but I might be wrong.
I tried some tricks with the Makro- and Project Logical Editor, but I seem to bump into the same problem as you.
All events, from all tracks get selected.

I’m in the dark for the moment …

Fredo

I’ll change my topic into an [FR], let’s hope Steinberg can implement this?

Thanks anyway for your time.
Niek/ Amsterdam.

Niek,

One of our testers figured out a way to do it.

• In the PLE you create two commands → Select Before and Beyond Cursor
    These need to contain the following in the upper section:
  • Container Type is → Equal → Event → And
  • Property → Property is set → Event is selected → And
  • Position → Before/Beyond → Cursor
    The lower section needs to be empty and Function must be Select
  • Create two macros that contain
  • Select All on Tracks
  • PLE comand (before/beyond, see above)
  • Assign Key Commands to the macros and voilà…

Good luck!
    Fredo

Thanks Fredo, sounds/looks like what I’ve been searching for.
Gonna check it out tomorrow !

Thanks.
Niek / Amsterdam.

Hi Fredo,
I checked your PLE-command-suggestion this morning but unfortunately it didn’t work.
When I first “select all on selected track” an then apply the PLE with your suggestions (see attached screenshot), all the previously-selected-events remain selected, nothing changes.
When I change the PLE’s function into “Delete”, it works though: the events beyond or before the cursor got deleted…

What am I doing wrong?
And don’t you think a simple edit-command “Select all following events” should be implemented by a next update of Nuendo?

Thanks anyway!
Niek/ Amsterdam

The attached screenshot shows how Logic implemented it.

BTW:
How do the real professionals actually select and edit all following events when they’ve edited one particular event?

Thanks again.
Niek/ Amsterdam.

I think you build your Macro incorrectly.
Be sure to select the function from “Process Project Logical Editor” list.
(Not from the “Process Project Logical Preset” or “Process Project Logical Plugin”

HTH
Fredo

Thanks!
It works now.
I need to have the particular track selected in order to run the first part of my macro (select all on selected track) , or I can/need to switch on “Tack Selection Follows Event Selection” in the prefs…
Second fact is that I have to move my cursor to the place from which I want the macro to select all following events, and the cursor doesn’t move to the “particular selected/edited-event” by itself of course…so I’m thinking of a additional command (in the 2nd position) in the macro that moves the cursor to that “particularly selected event” before the PLE does its work…that’ll complete the workflow.

Quite a nice workaround, though!
Still I think that Nuendo should have the “select all following”-command on board…

Thanks for your great -and prompt- help.
Niek/ Amsterdam.

Very nice workaround !!
It works and it is very usefull. :cowboy_hat_face:

Thank you.