FR? Print preview shows correct dimensions

Forgive me if this has come up before. I feel it surely must have, but I can’t find it and don’t remember seeing it.

In print preview, it would be immensely helpful if the preview window displayed the proportionate dimensions of the file that are actually going to be exported as PDF. I’m exporting a zillion 6x9 files, and print preview would be a helpful final glance, but the absurdly wide margins on either side throw me.

I’m pretty sure that this is exactly the same issue as why the paper size dropdown in Print mode is ignored for export purposes (and we’ve discussed that plenty of times!)

Unfortunately it’s difficult to show the PDF page size in the print preview.

Hi Dan, it should work fine if you’ve already created that size in Windows. If you haven’t, in Windows go to Settings / Printers & Scanners then scroll down to Print Server Properties. Click it, then click on Create a New Form, specify the dimensions at the bottom of the window, give it a name, and click save form. In Dorico (not sure if it would need to be restarted or not) select Print and then Printer (not Graphics yet), and select your newly created page size under page setup. The print preview should now be sized correctly. Go to Graphics and export.

Mind blown. It worked. Thanks Todd!!