FR: re: verse numbers

I would love it if there was built in support for having multiple lines of lyrics aligned on opposite sides of a bar. In my case, I have verses 1 & 2 prior to the repeat, and verses 3, 4, & 5, after the repeat. If I use the native verse numbers 345 will be skewed way down since Dorico cannot yet align verses 1 & 2 on the opposite sides of the repeat mark. The layout is tight and does not permit me to have a system break at the repeat, hence the request. For the time being I know I can edit this in a PDF editor, but it would be nice if we could still select a line of lyrics and assign a verse number override, or another native function.

I’ve not tried it, so perhaps it isn’t possible, but can you not nudge lyric lines 3, 4 and 5 upwards so that they occupy the same vertical space as lines 1 and 2 for that system? It seems like it should work.

Indeed you can; different lyric lines can sit right on top of one another.

I get that, but the problem is that it’s a real pickle to make sure baselines exactly align and it completely messes up the spacing algorithms for the affected page(s). So in that respect, I think it’s actually easier to change the 1.2.3. in a PDF editor.